| 00:58 MIN READ |
Some of the lowest moments in life are times when someone or something deeply disappoints us. We expected loyalty, love, and fidelity from someone, and their words or actions disappointed our expectations. We anticipated the fulfillment of some promise or hope, and it didn’t happen. These situations are painful. If we’re not careful, they can be devastating and debilitating.
What do you do when someone or something disappoints you?
Here are a few choices we can make in these moments:
- Praise God anyway.
- Believe that God will work in and through your disappointment.
- Forgive anyone you need to forgive.
- Re-focus your trust to God, and Him alone. Only God is fully trustworthy.
- Learn lessons for your own life.
- Refuse to live in the past; keep moving forward.
When you’re disappointed remember and practice this command found in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT) “Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.”