Yes, it’s hard to believe, we’re on the brink of another new year, and another new decade. How true the old cliche, “Time flies!”
With a new season approaching, preparations are in order. There are things we need to do to get ready for all the opportunities the next 12 months will bring us. And part of the preparation includes getting a great start.
We are more likely to end the year well, if we start it well.
How can we get a great start to 2011? Dedicate the first fruits of the year to God.
Here are several ways you can do this:
- Bring in the New Year with us at COR’s New Year’s Eve Service. This time of worship, prayer, reflection and celebration will happen at our Gaithersburg Campus, beginning at 11:00 p.m. New Year’s Eve. Don’t miss it!
- Be at church this Sunday as I share an important message for the new year called “The Right Condition.” In this teaching we will look at 5 things that will help get us in the right spiritual condition, preparing us for the blessings God has planned for us this next year, and the years to come. Please note that our weekend service schedule is a bit different this New Year’s weekend. On Saturday, January 1, there will be no services at our Gaithersburg Campus. Sunday, January 2 our Gaithersburg Campus service times will be as normal: 9 and 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Our Frederick Campus service time will take place on Sunday at 11 a.m., and our Spanish Campus service will be Sunday at 4 p.m. Don’t miss this opportunity to put God first on the first weekend of the new year.
- Also, on the weekend of January 8, 9 I will begin a series of messages for the new year titled “History Changers.” We will be studying some amazing lessons from the Old Testament book of Esther. In this book there are some incredible truths and principles that will enable us to change our lives from what has been and what now is into all God wants our lives to be for the future. You don’t want to miss this series.
- Beginning on January 10, we will be engaging in 21 days of fasting and prayer. There are a variety of fasting resources on our homepage @ church-redeemer.org to help you understand and prepare for this important time together.
- Finally, make some important big decisions as you go into 2011. Decide to be in church every weekend. God has something to say to us each time we gather. One of the best ways to stay on track in 2011 is to be in God’s House, worshiping and studying with God’s people each weekend. Decide to put God first in your time and treasure as well during this new year. Set aside some time each day to spend with Him in prayer and in His Word. You will be richly rewarded! Begin the new year with a decision to return to Lord your tithe (10 percent) of all the income and blessings He brings to your life. This invites His blessing over you. Decide to spiritually reach out to others around you by loving and serving them, and by inviting those who are unchurched to church. Let God use you to make a difference in someone else’s life this year.
God has great things in store for you in 2011, and in the years to come. Get ready now!