| 1:12 min read |
Everybody thinks about themselves. It’s a part of what we do, consciously and unconsciously. The thoughts we have about ourselves shape our character, our interactions with others, and affect our personal joy and peace.
There’s a starting point to healthy thoughts about yourself. You can only think the right way about yourself if you know what God thinks of you. Knowing God’s perspective about you gives you a foundation for how you are to think about you!
Here are a few things to remembers about God’s view of you:
- You are created by God.
- You’re not an accident, you were designed by God on purpose, with a purpose.
- You are lavishly loved by God.
- God, out of His love, offers you abundant and eternal life through faith in His Son, Jesus Christ.
- As His child, God will never leave you; He promises to provide for you.
- God’s love makes you secure and gives you strength.
Focus on what God says about you. The apostle, John reminded us of who we are in God’s sight, and how we should think about ourselves in 1 John 3:1 (TPT) “Look with wonder at the depth of the Father’s marvelous love that he has lavished on us! He has called us and made us his very own beloved children … “