| 1:24 min read |
Your thoughts matter. According to the Bible, your thoughts are shaping your life! Proverbs 4:23 (GNT) “Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts.”
One of the areas of thought that seriously affects every part of your life is your beliefs about God. How you view God makes a big difference in how you approach Him, and in how you live your life. Faulty perspectives of God cause us lots of problems.
Here are a few things to remember about God:
- He’s eternal. He has always been and always will be.
- He’s holy and perfectly righteous. Everything He is and does is right.
- He never changes. There is no fickleness or lack of predictability about His nature. What He is, He is, and always will be.
- He has no needs. He is the ultimate Provider—fully sufficient.
- He’s all-powerful. Nothing is impossible or too hard for Him.
- He’s all-knowing.
- He’s ever-present.
- He’s all-wise.
- He’s completely faithful, reliable and trustworthy. He will never fail you.
- He’s totally good. Everything He is and everything He does is good.
- He’s completely just. There is no “unfairness” or injustice in Him.
- He’s loving, merciful, gracious, kind and compassionate.
- He’s great and majestic.
- He’s transcendent—nothing or no one on earth or in heaven compares to Him—He is above and over all!
Be careful how you think about God. Your thoughts about Him shape your relationship with Him!